- There is no path for a local softball team to get a shot to play the Red Sox at Fenway Park.
- That is the magic of the Lamar Hunt US Open Cup, a single-elimination tournament open to any men’s soccer team in the United States, amateur or professional.
- For FC Denver, a group of amateur footballers from in and around the metro Denver area, a slew of wins over regional amateur teams has them going toe-to-toe with the pros starting Wednesday when they play the second-division Colorado Switchbacks FC at Weidner Field.
- If they can get past the Switchbacks, Denver will be one step closer to the dream of playing against an MLS team in a 20,000 seat stadium.
- The road to the 2019 US Open Cup began for FC Denver in Sept. 2018.
Read full article: denverpost.com